As summer closes, so do all the BBQs, vacations, parties, celebrations, festivals, fairs and more. Its a great time for a seasonal cleanse. Here are some tips to lift your mood and get you energized quickly:
1) Lemon Water: Drink a glass of room temp or warm water with fresh squeezed lemon 1st thing in morning upon rising. Then drink throughout the day, at least 64 oz. Lemons are alkalizing in your body, help stimulate digestion and your metabolism.
2) Kale: A true superfood, eating a bunch of kale or greens daily can help restore depleted nutrients and get you feeling energized quickly.
3) Protein Smoothie for breakfast or lunch: A great way to get in protein, fiber, vitamins & minerals in an easy to digest manner. Here’s a great recipe using products I love & use daily.
4) Ditch the sugar & alcohol. Enough said.
5) Go to bed early & take naps. Rest restores! Sleep makes everything better
6) Sweat. Move your body. Start with 10 minutes & work your way up. Sweat will help move out toxins quickly so you can feel more energized and better mood quick.
by Kristin Hoppe, BS, NC